Thursday, November 8, 2012

WOW - 2 Years Time

Oh my goodness...it has been over two years since I last posted. 
I had created this blog so that I could use it as an outlet to express my feelings and share my ups and downs on the journey that is my life.  Somewhere along the way I started worrying what everyone might think or that I might be judged and I stopped sharing.  I shut down. 
I should back up, I shut down long before that.  I shut down after losing Ian in January of 2010.  I turned off emotionally and was living my life on the surface.  I was being strong for Alexa because I thought that is what I needed to do.  I realized that I wasn't just being strong for her...I was being strong for me too because I didn't know how to handle it all. 
The last two years have been spent learning how to live my life again.  I lost a child, my baby boy.  Then I jumped into a divorce, almost immediately.  I spent all my time and energy trying to be "normal" or feel "normal."  That is a feeling that will never exist for me.  Some days are great days, good days, fine days, and some just suck.  But every day, I have an amazing little girl that makes me smile and reminds me why I have fought so hard for the last two years.

And guess what!?  Tomorrow is my little Mini Me's 5th birthday!  I have mixed emotions about this day.  I can vividly remember giving birth to all 8 lbs. 8 oz. and 21 inches of her.  She was beautiful and is even more so today.  I am more in love with her every day.  She amazes me and teaches me so much.

The other day I had a complete break down while taking her to daycare.  Alexa was telling me a story about one of the kids at daycare.  It was a simple story about him asking for help with his shoes.  The words she used to describe the situation triggered an immediate thought...she would have made a great big sister to Ian.  The moment that thought entered my head I started to cry.  I was able to keep it together while I dropped her off but that thought was still with me and stayed with me.  My little girl is getting bigger and I love seeing her grow.  My little man is with us in spirit but I miss not being able to see him grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment