Friday, November 9, 2012

5 Years!!!

It was a Friday 5 years ago when I woke up in the hospital to the nurse and doctor prepping me to be induced.  I had a mix of emotions that day...I was nervous, scared, excited, happy, and more.  After a day filled with an epidural, petosin, and killer contractions, I was ready to welcome my little princess into the World. 
It was 2:53pm.  I pushed for roughly 45 minutes and she arrived.  She was 8 lbs. 8 oz. and 21" long.  She had brown hair and looked perfect.  I fell in love with her instantly.  How could I not? 
Every minute of every day I love her more.  She is an amazing little girl that teaches me so much about myself and about life. 
5 years later...Alexa Grace is now in Kindergarten.  She is in her second season of competitive cheer leading and she is active in gymnastics.  She is smart and beautiful.  I couldn't ask for a better child...thank you for choosing me to be your mom.

Now...let's talk about the part of her birthday that frustrates me.  Her dad.  He has not seen her in, ohhhhh, almost 2 years.  Yes, I said 2 YEARS.  No phone calls, no cards or letters in the mail, and no exercising of his visitation, AND no child support.  But he sends a gift on for her birthday.  Really?  How nice of him, right?  Barf.  Wrong.  How rude of him!?  Must be nice to be a parent that can drop in as you like.  I know it shouldn't frustrate me but it does.  I'm glad that she was excited to get something for her dad and that is truly all that matters.  But it annoys the crap out of me.  Hear from you next year. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALEXA GRACE!!! 
I LOVE YOU PRINCESS!!!  YOU MEAN THE WORLD TO ME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment